Saturday, July 10, 2010

Just another day...

Breathe in...breathe out....
It's just another day here. Yet what is "another day?" We take life so carelessly sometimes. When was the last time you slowed down and noticed the things that you walk past a thousand times a day and take for granted?
This past week was really good for me. It was the first steady week of my whole summer. Ironically, it's also been one of the craziest. I've had so many different things going on from kids I work with, to the people I work with; from the girls I counsel, to the people who counsel me; from my friends, to my family, to fighting myself; from working one job, to setting up another; and from my personal life, to school. I don't think there's and angle of me that hasn't been hit HARD this summer. And yet in the craziest moments of it all - I blanked out. I stopped thinking. I got so caught up in the stress that I forgot to remember the simplicity of life. That this is temporal and that I will make it through. Thankfully, that's what good friends are for - giving you a swift kick in the pants. Just pray you listen to them! ;)
So I guess I'm writing this just to remind you what I myself forgot for a while - enjoy life. Because no matter what it throws at you, with God on your side, you will make it through. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! I'm doing so much better and I'm remembering to notice the little gift from God in each day. God bless!

No comments: