Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Beautiful Season

Ok - I absolutely LOVE the Christmas season! Everything about it makes me glow with happiness. The lights, the smells, the weather, the people, the colors, the hustle. The hustle...hmm. I think what I love most about the hustle is finding peace within it. I love to sit and watch the hustle. I use to be dragged down by it. Getting lost in the confusion and pushed around by the bustle. But not recently. In the past few years I have learned to slow down and watch the hustle. Find the beauty in it while not being distracted by it. To be slightly cliche' I took "Jesus is the reason for the season" to heart because I've learned that even that can catch you up so you forget. You have to think about it and truly believe it for it to change anything. What I find beautiful about watching hustle is looking at it and being filled with peace knowing that there's so much more. I rest in that fact - knowing that my Father in Heaven has so much more for me. That's why I can look at these people going crazy (and sometimes crazy people) ;) and wait a little longer, smile a little more, and enjoy a lot fuller. See, I've come to realize love - love is the center of this season. "God so loved the world" - that's why we have this celebration. If God hadn't loved he wouldn't have sent His son and we wouldn't have this beautiful, peaceful season. Love. And as we realize this reality - we can share it and make this time of year that much more beautiful. Shine God's love and embrace the little joys of life. Merry Christmas!

No comments: